We know that posting a video to YouTube is a little daunting. We also know that videos are indispensable in marketing. Our Must Do list makes posting a video to YouTube easy! Not only that, it will help your YouTube video marketing succeed.
Due to the rapid growth of video marketing, you are likely considering a YouTube account for your company. Perhaps you even have one up and running already. We commend you and want to help you succeed!
We’re big fans of using YouTube videos to increase business and sales. This list of helpful tricks and tasks are essential when you’re posting a video to YouTube. In fact, we advise our clients to refer to this very checklist when uploading new content to YouTube. Check them out and check them off!
Must-Do List for Posting a Video to YouTube;
Five main factors help increase the views of every YouTube video. They are creating a great title, writing a solid description, effectively using cards, choosing an eye-catching thumbnail, and relevant tagging.
- Create a great title.
- Write a solid description.
- Use effective cards.
- Select an eye-catching thumbnail.
- Use relevant tags.
Following that list seems simple enough. However, there are some useful tips and tricks for each factor that will make succeeding even easier. Let’s look at each factor a little more in-depth. In doing so, we’ll tell you exactly how to increase YouTube views.
How to Write a Great Video Title
- Represent your content accurately. Misleading titles can draw the wrong viewers and will deter the right ones from watching more content!
- Include keywords in the beginning of your title. This shows the audience that yes, this is what they were looking for.
- Include branding at the end of the title. You want to be sure everyone knows who’s rocking video they’re watching.
- Keep it up to date with the current trends.
- Include the episode number if the video is part of a series. Makes it easier for the viewer.
- Keep the title under 70 characters. YouTube, and search engines, truncate titles over 70 characters in search results.
How to Write a Solid Video Description
- Use 1 to 2 sentences to accurately describe your video. Short and sweet.
- Link viewers to your company website and your YouTube channel. Not only will it bring clients to your site, but it will improve your SEO.
- Drive viewers to subscribe. Once they do, they’ll be notified when your new content goes up!
- Match the voice of your description to that of your company. This will make clients feel more comfortable switching from one page to another.
How to Effectively Use Cards in a Video
- Drive viewers to your channel, other videos, and other playlists. Make it easy for them to keep watching.
- Drive viewers to your website to check out product or service information.
- Catch viewer attention at appropriate times in the video.
How to Select a Great Thumbnail for a Video
- Custom! Import an image rather than using the default. YouTube selects a default thumbnail on its own. However, this image is usually awkward and doesn’t always represent the content well.
- Appropriate for all audiences because everyone is on YouTube!
- Clear, in focus, and legible, even when sized up or down.
- Bright with high contrast catches the viewer’s attention.
- Well framed – the foreground should stand out from the background.
- Representative of your video content because you don’t want to mislead the audience.
How to Choose Relevant Tags for a Video
- Include specific tags, such as location, event, date. Some searchers might be looking for content on a very precise topic.
- Include generic tags, such as the company’s field of work or type of video. Others may be browsing wider categories.
- Include compound tags, such as the video title, a key phrase in the video, or a company catch phrase.
- Include default tags, such as your company name. Always tie it back to home.
- Include enough tags to thoroughly and accurately describe your video.
- Make your tags are up to date with current trends.
- List in order of relevance to the video. YouTube will take this into account!
Now You Can Post a Successful YouTube Video
You’re ready to go! Following these helpful tips and tasks will improve your company’s visibility on the web. Additionally, they’ll keep your clients and customers watching. So start by creating an account and posting a video to YouTube today! We’re eager to learn what YouTube has in store for you.
Need Help Posting a Video to YouTube? Contact Us Today!
Need help creating video content or posting a video to YouTube? Then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Karges Media today. After all, we are video marketing experts. We’ll use these YouTube video posting techniques and more to enhance your site’s visibility and inbound traffic.